Chop Wood Carry Water Plant Seeds is a blog about Self-Sufficient Homesteading. How can we live by creating a sustainable bio-diverse world, instead of by consuming and destroying the only one we have? What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Top Bars Wax Stripes

I have seen on you tube a beekeeper making wax stripes on his top bars using cotton string and melting wax on it with the small wellder used by electricians. Smart :) Without these bees might build a comb over a few top bara making comb management impossible. Giving them a dirrection is very important.

1 comment:

  1. a little update on this one. I love this way of making wax starters. I did it on my second Kenya Top Bar Hive and the prime swarm I placed in it built in no time 13 perfectly streight combs according to the wax stripes I melted onto the top bars :) Will stay with this method

    ReplyDelete