Chop Wood Carry Water Plant Seeds is a blog about Self-Sufficient Homesteading. How can we live by creating a sustainable bio-diverse world, instead of by consuming and destroying the only one we have? What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Friday, March 14, 2014

The greenhouse is finito

Well, not entirely :) but the large greenhouse is finished for now. The smaller greenhouse is also covered but needs materials for the walls.
I present to you ... (fanfares !!!) ... the ugliest greenhouse in human history ;) I literally used all sort of materials I could put my hands on and tried to fit it as best as I could. But the greenhouse is fully practical and functional :) that is the most important part. I'm sure our tomatoes, paprika, chili and cucumbers will enjoy it :)
I even installed a plastic barrel to collect rain water. I just have to figure out how to make a cheap DIY gutter. I was thinking about nailing 2 planks together in a V-shape ... will see.
 The chicks are becoming more accustomed to my presence. I dump horse manure into the hens yard which seems to bring much joy into their life :) they just love sifting through it!
 Gorgeous looking Danish Leghorn Land-race both Black & Brown
I just LOVE this Cock so much people might think Im turning gay ;) He is such a handsome fellow and very gentle towards his ladies. Cant wait to get some baby chicks :))

1 comment:

  1. Well - så længe drivhuset virker! :-) Vi havde også en gammel grim plastikudestue som drivhus i starten... før vi blev borgerlige og fik et af glas (som burde være større!) ;-)
    Smukke høns, bestemt!!!

    ReplyDelete