Chop Wood Carry Water Plant Seeds is a blog about Self-Sufficient Homesteading. How can we live by creating a sustainable bio-diverse world, instead of by consuming and destroying the only one we have? What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Creating a Forest Garden

 I was cutting down some young Alder trees in the Willow shrubbery because they are simply taking over this ground. Alder is very invasive and spreads fast. During this adventure I found many young Blackcurrant bushes :) I know the previous farm owners had grown Blackcurrants, which they have removed to grow Wheat and Oil Seed Rape. These must be either grown from the seeds spread by the birds.
 So I move them out of shade into a place with full sun. Our forest garden area got 2 more rows of berry bushes. Will mulch this area with wood chips soon.
This forest garden area will be filled with edible berry bushes in the future, I hope :)

No comments:

Post a Comment